If you are not happy for your information to be used in the ways described here, you should stop using PRIVEDOC and cancel any appointments you have. If you have any questions about the use of your data please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information is any information that can be linked to you or another living person.
Who we are
Our healthcare services are delivered by one company registered in Nigeria: PRIVEDOC limited provides you with medical consultations. The registered office is Block 53, Plot 24, Adebayo Doherty Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos state. Your relationship is with PRIVEDOC Limited. When this policy talks about ‘PRIVEDOC, ‘us’ or ‘we’, it means PRIVEDOC Limited.
What personal data we hold and how we get it
We use the following categories of personal data:
When you register with us, your complete forms and provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your name, date of birth, physical address and email address.
Health and medical information
The main type of information we hold about you is health and medical information: information about your health, symptoms, treatments, consultations and sessions, medications and procedures. This includes details of your consultations with our doctors, and interactions with our digital services.
We get some of this information directly from you, when you register with us and when you use our healthcare services. Any correspondence we receive from you is uploaded electronically to your PRIVEDOC medical record.
We may also hold information about you and your health from other apps, devices and services where you have given your consent to that data being shared with us. Examples include where you decide to share information collected from a smart watch or similar device with our App.
If you make any payments on the App, your credit/debit card details are processed directly by a third-party processor that will store all payment information and transaction details. We will only retain details of transactions on secure servers and we will not retain your credit or debit card information.
Technical information and analytics
When you use our App, we may automatically collect the following information where this is permitted by your device settings:
(a) technical information, including the address used to connect your mobile phone or other device to the Internet, your login information, system and operating system type and version, browser or app version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, and your location (based on IP address); and
(b) information about your visit, including products and services you viewed or used, App response times, interaction information (such as button presses) and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We work with partners who provide us with analytics and advertising services (for our services only and not for third party advertising). This includes helping us understand how users interact with our services, providing our advertisements on the internet, and measuring performance of our services and our adverts. Cookies and similar technologies may be used to collect this information, such as your interactions with our services.
Information obtained from third party services
You may choose to connect your existing accounts with other providers (such as a social media provider) to your account with us. This may, for example, make it easier to create an account with us. If you choose to do this, we will receive limited information about you from that provider, such as your email address, name, and other sign-up related details.
What we use your personal data for:
The purposes for which we use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we do so are as follows:
• We obtain and use your medical information because this is necessary for medical purposes, including medical diagnosis and the provision of healthcare or treatment. It may also include sharing information with other healthcare professionals as necessary for the provision of care to you.
• information (always having removed personal identifiers, such as your name, address and contact details) to improve our healthcare products and services, and our artificial intelligence system, so that we can deliver better healthcare to you and other PRIVEDOC users. This medical information (de-identified in the way described above) may include your medical record (both records received and created by us), transcripts of your consultations, and your interactions with our artificial intelligence services, such as our symptom checker. This does not involve making any decisions about you – it is only about improving our products, services and software so that we can deliver a better experience to you and other PRIVEDOC users, and help achieve our aim of making healthcare affordable and accessible to everyone. Strict confidentiality and data security provisions apply at all times.
• We may use strictly anonymised information (including medical information) to improve our healthcare products and services.
• Based on our legitimate interest in managing and planning our business, we may analyse data about your use of our products and services to, for example, troubleshoot bugs within the App, forecast demand of service and to understand other trends in use, including which features users use the most and find most helpful, and what features users require from us. This does not involve making any decisions about you – it is only about improving our App so that we can deliver better services to you. Strict confidentiality and data security provisions will apply at all times.
• Where necessary, we may need to share personal and financial details for the purposes of fraud prevention and detection.
• We also store your medical information, such as notes from consultations, recordings of our consultations with you and your interactions with our digital services, for safety, regulatory, and compliance purposes. For example, we may need to review your information and, where necessary, make disclosures in compliance with reasonable requests by applicable regulatory bodies or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
• Where necessary for safety, regulatory and/or compliance purposes, we may audit consultations and your other interactions with our services. Strict confidentiality and data security provisions will apply at all times to any such audit and access.
We may use non-personal data (data from which an individual cannot be identified) to improve our products and services.
Data storage, security and transfers
We do not store your personal health data on your mobile device. We store all your personal health data – including your primary care information, medication information and diagnostic information – on secure servers.
Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
We do not store any credit or debit card information. Payments are processed via a third party payment provider that is fully compliant with Level 1 Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology.